Updates & Changes as of 8/19/16
- LOCATION for rehearsals will be at GREENWOOD ELEMENTARY in American Fork (click link for a map). Please park on the East side parking lot and enter directly into the auditorium via the doors on the East side of the building. A BIG THANK YOU to Greenwood for hosting us in this time of transition.
- We will accept new students through August.
- If you have to miss placements on August 22nd for Concert Choir and Chimes & Voices, there will be a make-up placement at Ryan’s studio on Friday, August 26th at 3:30pm. Please contact him if you plan to attend at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the address.
- UKULELE YOUTH CHOIR will now accept students ages 9-17.
- NEW! Rehearsals for all AFCC programs (including Concert Choir, Chimes & Voices and Ukulele Youth Choir) begin on August 22nd and will be held in the AUDITORIUM/GYM at GREENWOOD ELEMENTARY.
- All AFCC programs are TUITION FREE during the school year, thanks, in part, to a grant from the American Fork PARC program.
- All AFCC programs require parents to print music (provided in PDF format) for rehearsals and at home use.
- Music should be placed in a black binder for possible performance use (though memorization is the goal).
- Rehearsals are generally on Mondays. However, when Monday holidays occur rehearsals will be rescheduled for another day of the week.
3-3:45pm Ukulele Youth Choir
All students, both new and returning must fill out this form to register: http://goo.gl/forms/u6eEIWGv81Lja5a13
- NEW! Students must be between 9-17 years of age.
- A ukulele (needed for first rehearsal), ukulele strap, music stand and chromatic electronic tuner are required (but may be acquired later) for this choir. Contact email@example.com if you need help finding these items.
- Skills: Students should be able to number the fingers of their left hand appropriately as well as number the strings and the frets on their ukulele. Students should be able to demonstrate mastery of the following skills: fluid C & G7 chord transition, fluid F & C7 chord transition, confident basic down-up ‘chattanooga’ strum. Brand new ukulele students can pick up these skills at the . . .
- NEW UKULELE YOUTH ORIENTATION on SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 10th (changed) from 1-4pm is REQUIRED for all new students (returning students may attend for a brush-up). It will walk through the above listed skills and offer help in any areas that require it.
3:50-4:45pm Concert Choir
4:50-5:30pm Chimes & Voices
All students, both new and returning must fill out this form to register: http://goo.gl/forms/PUs6UaQdqUxxYY612
Prospective students for either of these choirs should plan to attend 3:50-5:30pm on the first day of classes, August 22nd, for choir placement.
- Ages 8-17.
- This choir focuses on rounds, two-part and three-part singing.
Chimes & Voices
- Ages 7+ (students must be reading well on their own to thrive in this class).
- This choir incorporates the use of hand chimes with singing. Other instruments may be used as well.
- Students placed in this choir will need a music stand (so they can ring chimes and see their music at the same time).